Monday, July 16, 2007

talentime... singing.... music... passion... (reminiscening the old times)

The media has been promoting singing competitions and stardom. With competitions like project superstar, campus superstar, superband... etc etc. It is no wonder that there are many people chasing after stardom. Currently I have 3 friends who have participated in these competitions and are 'superstars'! I am indeed happy for them... :) There is Diya (female champ of PS2), Sam from MiLuBing (champ of superband) and now, Zijie in CSS2. Do support Zijie! and, MiLuBing's album is out... support them!

I used to be one of those dreaming of stardom. I think that thought came to me when I was... 16? I had wanted to write my own songs, sing them and appear on some album cover one day! Wahahha... How naive I was. Still, I had a mini mini taste of what it feels like to perform and having people supporting you. :) That happened when I was in JC...

3 people came together to write their own songs, record them, send them for competitions... and, performed them in school. They are... Jasmine, Jiarong and Caleb. Ironically, our initials form JJC, the school that we were from. All these happened naturally... I think it was God's plan for me to meet them, know them and become very good friends :) Things didn't happen with me taking a mic asking who is interested to write songs together. We were placed in the same class and soon, we found out that we had the interest to write songs. So, that was how it all began.

We took part in numerous song-writing competitions, performed for lunch time concerts and events in school and took part in our school's talentime. However, people started commenting that our voices don't blend as a group so, we splitted up :( I went solo and the 2 girls formed a group. All of us took part in the school's talentime and both myself and the girls won 2nd for the solo and group cat. Of all the song-writing competitions we took part, we were never selected :( BUT! there was once... just once that my friend's composition entered the finals of 'xin qing rong ji' ... we were so happy!! however, the song had to be disqualified because it was performed in school before :( [one of the criterias is that the song cannot have been performed in public]

Those times were fun and memorable... and, thanks to everyone who supported us then. Especially the other half of evofus... Wanping and Xuan2. They were like our managers... giving us comments, telling us what to do. Also, thanks to Angeline and Chunying who also constantly supported us.

For new updates, I have 2 performances in the next one month. One on the 27/7 and the other 18/8. I am so excited! and looking forward to them... I will be singing for the performance on the 27/7 and playing the keyboard on the 18/8. I feel happy yet... stress. Doing public performances is never easy, and, it is almost my first time. Another news is that, the performance on the 27/7 is my FIRST... yes, my FIRST PAID GIG! it means a lot to me... hope it all goes well. Pray for me!

Sheesh, I had meant for this entry to be short, but, it is still as long as ever. I am so long winded...


I thought this photo was LOST! talentime pic with churchies... from L to R (Helena, Diya, Joel, Caleb, Karen and Frances) I remember during that time, I wasn't that close to them... but they still came and supported me! Thanks! (I found this long lost pic on diya's blog) - The power of blogs!


the trio! Jasmine, Jiarong and Caleb. JJC!


with my fans! I am so glad for them. they were my mini fan club... they even came up with the board with well wishes during my competitions. 'Those were the days'... they will never be forgotten!


EVOFUS! when we were still young. L to R (Caleb, Xuan2, Wanping, Jasmine and Jiarong) Love ya all! ~Friends forever~

-LeB-

0 comments: