Monday, July 23, 2007

Heritage Fest Performance... 270707


I wonder if anyone has ever seen the above poster around... And even if people have seen it, do they know what is it all about? I have seen it around for some time, but did know look at it in detail until about 1-2weeks ago when I realised it is the poster for 'Heritage Fest 2007'. Normally such an event would not be of any significance to me... However, I am 'part' of it this year! I would be performing for the event. Together with 2 other ladies... Beverly and Sophia.

Venue: Suntec City's Tropics Atrium (should be... outside Mango and Royal Sporting House)
Time: 6.30pm-7pm

A brief outline of our performance from the 'Singapore HeritageFest 2007' website:

(A rendition of locally composed xinyao that reigned in the local Mandarin
music scene in the ‘80s. Hum along to well-loved numbers from Liang Wen
Fu, Eric Moo, Wu Jiaming and Zheng Zhan Lun.)

Since it is music from the 1980s, I think a lot of you out there would not have heard our repertoire. However, it would be nice to still come down and support us. Hahah... For myself, I actually like the songs. I am an old man at heart. :(

I am glad to have this opportunity to perform. It is actually going to be one of my few public performances... to be exact, my 2nd. Thanks to EchoMusic and MinHui (Wang Da Jie) for giving me this chance. Thanks lots! I am excited for it, at the same time... anxious. We have been practicing and it has been fun :) Another highlight is that I am going to 讲华语... Now, how rare is that! Hope all turns out well. Keep me in your prayers!


Presenting to you... C. S. B. (Caleb, Sophia and Beverly)
Wahahaha... Corny!

-LeB-

0 comments: