Tuesday, July 3, 2007

1 day escapade... to Malaysia!

02 July '07. I finally visited Wanping at her 'hometown'. My friends and I have always talked about going to Johor for some shopping, food and fun, and, we finally did it! Although not the whole 'evofus' went along, at least we had half of us. :) Now, its time to plan a Malaysia road trip. If it really comes to pass and the WHOLE 'evofus' are able to make it, it will be so fun!

The day started with the 'Singaporeans' meeting up at 9.30am at Kranji MRT. However, the couple was late! They were 35mins late. Arggh. It was a test of my patience. Good thing, I do think I have quite a lot of patience. Ha... Talking about Kranji MRT, I think it is the first time that I have ever stopped at that MRT. How cool... Carrying on with our journey, we took the SBS bus 170 in to JB. Had an experience of what Wanping faces so frequently. It was easy crossing the causeway, but, the bus was packed!

Arrived at J.B. at probably 10.45am. Met up with Wanping at the petrol kiosk. She was in her black colour proton car... a car which Mahatir used to sit in. It was my very first time being her passenger. She has had her license for so long but I had not have the chance to sit in her car. I think she is a ... wary driver! She often screams when she drives... Wahhahah. But, still steady! Thanks girl for driving us around. :) *Kelvin and I drove the car too and Jiarong was so scared... come on... relax man!*

Alright... I shall let the pics do the talking. :)

Our lunch! It was yummy! 'Bak Kut Teh' with more ingredients! The 'Bak Kut Teh' in Malaysia allows you to add fish maw, clams, intestines, mushrooms... Nice! Thanks Wanping for bringing us to the usual lunch place... hahha... you had better scout for more places!

After lunch was deserts. Ice Kachang... Malaysia style. Lots of chocolate. The bottle is filled with chocolate, just in case you want more. Ha...

@ Wanping's house. (Left to Right) Lebby, Wanping, Jiarong and Kelvin. Wanping is a rich girl! She stays in a big house in Malaysia and has 3 cars... Hahhaha... So much so that her house has been broken into 2-3 times. And why? Cause her maid lets the burglar in... :(

The J.B. girl! When she was much younger. Hiakz hiakz. A model wannabe. I think the pic looks cute! :P

I went for thai massage again. I actually vowed to myself that I wouldn't go for it again, after the frightening experience in Bangkok. Thai massage is pain! The masseuse would twist and turn your body, crack you... use all her force on you, bruise you and... kick you, step on you and even, walk on you! This time round, it was pain... again. Only 30% of it was pleasurable. Good thing it was only 30mins and a half body massage. If not, I would have been DEAD. Kelvin was telling the masseuse that its pain and all she did was laugh... Hahhaha... and I laughed too. It was really funny!

TRYING to enjoy the massage.

We ate again! Secret receipe... It was really quite affordable. The cakes are half priced because of the exchange rate. The prices are same as those in Singapore. :)

Kelvin trying to steal Jiarong's kid's meal.

Chicken cornish. It is quite big... I bought one of these home and my younger bro said... 'Wah... World's biggest curry puff' Hahahah.... Anyway, it is nice. :)

Group pic @ the go-kart circuit

In safety helmets

Kelvin and his go-kart

Thanks Jiarong for taking this pic for me! It was my first time go-karting, and sadly, I was the slowest... and, I 'buang' once. :( it didn't help that I have a driving license. I still prefer to drive a car. But, I shall not give up and will strive to go faster the next time! Wanping was the fastest! I must say she is quite pro... and Kelvin was not bad too... except for me :(

extra large sugar canes. It is amazing how they deal with the ice. The woman was pouring ice into the cups and when she realised that the ice was too much, she used her HANDS to scoup the ice and put it back into the ice box! Emm... I think that results in the colour of the sugar cane and the sweetness of the sugar cane. The colour is a little dull and it wasn't very sweet. Sweet + Salty = Bland?

Our spread! Seafood galore. We went to the 'Da Ma market'... I actually remember the place! I use to go to Malaysia often, with my parents when I was much younger. 'Da Ma market' was one of the place we frequent. Reminded me of my childhood.

Finally, to end off the day, we had expensive durians! Kelvin looked like a pro when choosing the durians. Yet, when the uncle told us the price, we were shocked! $82 ringgit for 3 durians. Is that expensive? If it is, Kelvin had an expensive lesson. Ha... (I finally had my cravings... durians!)
Overall, it was a really enjoyable trip! Thanks Wanping... and Jiarong and Kelvin. :)
-LeB-

0 comments: