Friday, July 27, 2007

Languages...

Yesterday I was approached to do a survey... Before I could begin doing, the person asked me... 'You're not a Singaporean are you? You don't speak like a Singaporean...'

Dotz... Then what do I speak like? I wonder... And I should have asked the person where she thought I was from... Did I sound too English-fied? Or perhaps I sounded like a Hong-kie or China-man trying to speak English...

Confused...

Today... Heritage Fest performance. Joel commented that I sounded too 'ang-moh' speaking Mandarin... Haiz. And I think I do sound too 'ang-moh', or rather, I just sounded 'wrong' in Mandarin. There were some words where I got the 'ying' wrong and it just sounded ODD! dotz! Languages are beautiful and amazing. However, I don't seem to have a talent in it. If I could, I would want to master or learn to speak Mandarin and Cantonese much better!

-LeB-

0 comments: