Friday, July 6, 2007

CD collection...



The title of my blog is 'music and travel'. I think I have been blogging about my travel experiences, however, I have yet to blog about music! And, I love music so much! What an irony.

I bought 6 albums in the past 2 weeks. 4 of them are old albums, and 2 are new albums. Out of the 4 old albums, 3 were bought online. :) Shopping online is really interesting... because I can get stuff that I do not find in the average record shop. I am planning to get more albums online and perhaps, other stuff. The other old album is bought at a 'pasar malam'. Ha! Right now, you must be thinking I am mad to buy 6 albums in 2 weeks. Well, I guess its my hobby... Collecting records. Owing to the capabilities of techonology, songs are now so accessible and... free. Also because I love music and think its worth supporting the producers, composers and singers by buying the albums, I will.

4 old albums, 3 of which are by 'Eric Moo', in chinese, 巫啟賢. 1 by 'Gareth Gates'. I used to have the 'Gareth Gates' album but I lost it. :( It is his first album and I really like it, also cause I sang one of the songs for my school's talentime back in '04? Some of you might know, some don't. Yeah, my favourite singer is Eric Moo. That is the reason why I buy such OLD albums. I doubt anyone my age would listen to his songs. 2 albums I bought dated back in the 1980s. 1 in the 1990s. Love them... He belonged to the 'Xinyao' era, if you know what that is.

2 new albums! 1 by 'Khalil Fong', in chinese, 方大同, another by 'Avalon'! I really admire 'Avalon' for their vocals, so, no surprise that I own their albums. They are fantastic... truly blessed by the Lord. Sad thing is that one of their member 'Jody Mcbrayer' is experiencing some health problems and has decided to leave the group. :( He is the singer with a 'female-like' voice. 方大同 is really quite good. Something really fresh in the mandarin pop scene. He composes all the tracks except for 1 and he sings differently. He dabbles into RnB, lounge, a little jazz and rock-n-roll, rap (though not a lot, which is good!)... His songs are just nice and catchy. Do give them a listen. :)

Support originals! No piracy pls... :P

-LeB-

0 comments: