Monday, August 13, 2007

Playing the Game...

Rules of the game: Each player of this game starts off with ten weird things or habits or little known facts about yourself. People who get tagged must write in a blog of their own ten weird things or habits or little known facts as well as state this rule clearly. At the end, you must choose six people to be tagged and list their names. No tagbacks.

1) I was never a good student and in fact, a notorious student when I was younger. Teachers started calling my parents since I was Pri 3 to complain that I am too talkative in class! That continued to be a yearly event till Pri 6. I also bullied a boy on my school bus till he cried, complained to his mother and I ALMOST got CANED! Thankfully that did not happen. Since then, I am a change MAN!

2) I used to learn Taekwando when I was younger and I had 2 double belt promotions! Ain't I good? But that isn't what is shocking. Perhaps cause I was 'skilled' then; I once kicked my friend's arm during an argument till his arm fractured and had to be bandaged for a month. :( Good thing he has since recovered... The argument then was about whether the lift should go to my house first or his house. The both of us stay at the same block.

3) I am wearing spectacles now because of my own stupidity. Back then I used to think that wearing spectacles was so 'cool' and 'fun'. Thus, I told my Mum that I could not see clearly and needed and pair of specs. When in actual fact, not. The rest is history.

4) Most people fear loneliness or the fact that they have to do things alone. It works otherwise for me. At times, I prefer being alone, doing things on my own. The freedom that I would have from not having to entertain anyone or wait for anyone is what I enjoy. To date, I have watched 3 concerts alone and enjoyed. Gone shopping on my own. And... I used to go to esplanade to listen to CDs provided by the library. I loved that. :)

5) I am old at heart. For those who know me, this is no surprise. :( I love to listen to old songs. Especially by Eric Moo... Wahahha. He's my favourite singer. A singer from the 80s-90s. He is still singing now, but, rare. Still, I love his songs and other old songs. Like old canto songs or Xinyao. I am like an old man trapped in a young man's body.

6) I love singing! I really do... However, I know my voice sounds horrid. :( One thing that I do to TRY and improve my singing is to record my singing down. And, I actually do that quite often! Hahaha. I used to use my MD player to record until Zijie lost a component of my player! Nowadays, it is either my mp3 player, handphone or camera. I also use it to record melodies that run thru my head.

7) Things that are not of the norm appeal to me. Things that are '冷门'. For example, I like songs that are not the 'hits', it is those other tracks in the album that appeal to me. When I was younger, everyone liked 'Red ranger' or 'Black ranger' in 'Power Rangers'. For me, I liked 'Blue ranger' simply because no one else liked him. He is known to be not so cool and nerdy. People like to shop and hang out at Orchard. I don't. I prefer City Hall!

8) I have 2 good friends that are like sisters to me. They are namely Frances and Yilin. From them, I learnt a fashion 'skill'. They taught me not to wash my jeans to often. Apparently, it is to retain the colour and resistance of its material. So now, I sometimes wear my jeans 10 times without washing them. I make sure they are wearable though. (A taiwanese singer was had a jeans he hadn't washed for so long that it could stand on its own) No worries, mine has not reached that stage.

9) Another reason why I like being alone is cause I can do things without any pressure. I like to blast the music while driving alone. Sometimes, I would clap, move and groove to the music! I would think my movements are quite exaggerated. However, I make sure I am at the traffic light and there are no cars around me. It usually happens late at night... maybe thats when I go FRENZY. (The songs aren't those found in clubs... it can range from recent songs to... chinese songs from the 80s, xinyao)

10) Lastly, I have a super flexible thumb that I can push all the way to the back of my wrist. Many of you have seen it. For those who haven't, you could request to see it one day. I would even let you push my thumb and feel its FLEXIBILITY.

Finally ended. How much do you know about me? Now 6 people to arrow...

1) Wong Wan Ping
2) Ng Chai Yong
3) Kelvin Ching
4) Wang Min Hui
5) Liu Simin
6) Chuah Sun Quan

-LeB-

0 comments: