Monday, August 6, 2007

highlights of my weekend...

Played tennis on saturday at my place. People who came included Cyrus, Joel, Algene, Quany and Rochemochi. Sadly, tennis isn't an easy game to play. However, if you're able to play it, it'll be very fun! I am motivated and determined to play the game well! We shall have more tennis sessions... Cyrus brought his racket to church and it caught Eng Kwang's notice, apparently, Eng Kwang and Chloe plays often. Maybe we can arrange a game together... :) (Thanks to Xuan for staying up late to lend me her rackets)

It was Festival of Praise '07 on saturday evening... I think the last FOP I went to was 6years ago. Its been really quite some time. And now to think about it, I wonder where I have been for the past 6years. Anyway, FOP was great for me... It was a refreshing experience and a wake up call to seek God in a much more fervent manner. Many a times we know the truth and basis of everything but we tend to forget and sway away. Well, the Word of God stands when everything falls apart. The speaker spoke about God and his love for us. If things are not going our way and we're troubled, doesn't mean that God doesn't love us and that he wants to harm us. Indeed, God will make a way and trials and tribulations are only meant to make us stronger and focus on God even more... :) I have a long way to go... Perserver!

Besides the message, the music was good too. Singapore Indoor Stadium has got good sound systems. Don Moen and Delirious were the guests. Personally I preferred Don Moen. Again, perhaps I'm an old man at heart. I especially liked the song 'God is good'... the lyrics spoke to me and the 'country music' was good... and so were the solos! I am inspired to improve myself to play the piano well! Don Moen's violin solo was good as well... For Delirious, I particularly like the lead singer's voice, its got a deep and nice tone. Their songs are quite alternative to the normal Christian praise and worship songs, they have their own style... but whats most important is that it glorifies God. :) It is great to see such talented and anointed people serve the Lord...

Moving on, I had my first keyboard lesson teaching Daniel and Ereen. Just want to tell them that it was nice teaching them and they have the potential! To Daniel: You're not that bad. Don't keep on thinking you've got no talent or whatsoever... I definitely wouldn't stop teaching you if you want to learn. Hope the both of you will be able to learn something! :) I am honoured to be able to teach the both of you. Thank God.

Finally, I had my first practice for the 'post-NDP performance'. It was fun! Minhui, Simin and Wendy are such talented people... They are also very experienced and have the 'mo qi' :) Its really my honour to be able to perform together with them. Really hope we would give a good performance on that day. I enjoyed myself cause they are a fun bunch of people to be with and, I enjoy the songs we are performing! Wahahha... Xin yao songs again. Old man Caleb... Also, its acoustic style and we're doing a medley! Fun fun fun! Simin has lots of character when she plays the guitar. Indeed its rare watching a girl play the guitar so well... and, she does it great. I was just watching the way she strums and plucks on the guitar. 有性格! Needless to say, Minhui and Wendy are great singers. Stressed! I exceptionally like the song '让全世界起舞' by '黎沸揮'. First time introduced to the song... and, its nice. :) especially listening to Minhui singing it.

Alright... there goes my weekend and the weekday has arrived. However, I am not dreading to go back to school. In fact, I am looking forward. Be postive looking! God bless!

-LeB-

0 comments: