Wednesday, June 13, 2007

the LITTLE things that brighten up your day!

Everyone has their ups and downs. I have to admit that LeBbY hasn't been all well. Life can be better. I am not on the verge of dying though. No worries.

Today however, something did brighten up my day. Perhaps it is something small, but it does matter to me. I was appreciated... What happened was this. I was supposed to give up one of my keyboard classes because of some re-adjustments in the time-table. How sad. I do not know if being attached to my class is good or bad, but, I am. I think all my students are awesome and I would really want to continue with them this learning journey. I broke the news to them that I only have 2 more weeks with them and I'll have to hand them over to Sophia (another instructor who is superb!). At first they agreed... then they asked me, "cannot shift to another day?" and I thought... why not right? and it so happens that I have a free slot that fits perfectly for them on thurs. Great! Thank God! and everything was settled.

Yeah, I know its just something so small... but it did make my day. Sometimes its good to know that we are appreciated. Small gestures, small remarks do make a difference. And now that I know, I feel like doing more for my students. :) I do hope that my lessons would be interesting and they would learn lots! Thank God for everything!

-LeB-

0 comments: