Monday, June 4, 2007

2days back in homeland...

I know I haven't been away for long. 1 month definitely isn't a long time. Especially when these days I feel that time is slipping by so quickly. However, I do feel a difference as I am back in Singapore. Also, my perspective has changed a little. How has it changed? Well, I feel that after travelling for some time and to so many places, I've come to realise that Singapore is really small and somewhat insignificant. It seems to be, though I know it isn't. In addition, I think that Singaporeans are too sheltered and emphatatic. I have to admit that I am one of them. Sad. Perhaps I should really start getting to know the world better and not just live in my own world and be selfish. Back in America, there are many homeless people around, people begging for money. An uncommon sight in Singapore. My thought was how did they reach such a stage? I do not have an answer but my guess is that they made wrong decisions in life that led them to such a stage. Another sight I saw was many buskers who perform on the streets for a living. And, they are good musicians, some of them. :) I think its cool that people do what they like for a living. I could also see that the Americans were supportive of the buskers. Shall post some of the videos when I can. A thought I had was... Perhaps I should busk and travel the world. Ha... Take an alternative route. But I know I'll never. All these have led me to think out of the box and not just be so caught up with my life. There are just so many things out there in the world. For example, the wonderful creation of God. I should continue travelling the world. :)

Besides a change in perspective, seems like Singapore has changed physically in a month. Around my estate, they re-painted the roads. I went to AMK Hub on Sunday, a place I didn't know existed. There were barriers beside the roads at Bishan MRT. It just goes to show that many things can happen in a month. I should catch time while I still can.

Alright, enough said, time for pics ...

A pic which looked like a spotlight from above... Reminds me of the glory of God.

The infamous 'Krispy Kremes'... The process of making sugar coated donuts

And now, they are coated... The original donut is nice... The rest are ... Sweet! too sweet...

This is the great view I saw on the plane. The sight I mentioned a few entries back as 'flour'.
Looks really good. Its said to be Alaska. Woah!

Another view, another angle, another perspective. With the wing of the plane.
Back in Singapore. Changi Airport. With my bro on the left and Xiao-Ping.
With my great bunch of friends! Apparently they were trying to hide but was easily spotted... Try harder! Ha... Nevertheless, it was great seeing them. In pic: Joel, Diya, Franes, Yilin, Jon and myself.
Final pic for the day. A nice sunset view from the plane. Taken at Japan, Airport of Narita.
I hope to post more pics when I can and that would be a few days later when I have access to the pics taken in America. The pics are not with me... :( Till then, take care and tata!
thought of the day: 'what the world needs now is love'
God Bless!
-LeB-

0 comments: