Sunday, August 24, 2008

My Weekend... Kickstart performance @ Global Sound Cafe and rest Sunday...

Saturday was Echo Music's first performance at Global Sound Cafe. We had our students Jake and Fiona singing together with vocal instructor Ruth and my MAMA, Wendy! Haha... Wendy did a superb job that night :) I asked her to sing 下一个天亮 and she did it under my request, even though she felt the song wasn't very her. Still, she aced that song and everyone loved that song... WendyMAMA, thank you and so proud of you! :) Sing that song more ya? Haha...

A performance at a new cafe and I was privilleged to have my friends come support me :) Jiarong, Jasmine and... Keng Chuan (Did I get the name right?) came down to support me :) Its been a long time since my friends not from the music school came down to see me perform, be it singing or on the keyboard. Sadly, I was sick and couldn't sing much :( I was also pleasantly surprised that someone from church came down to support me! Those from church... start guessing who... Wahaha! Its... ... Jonathan Lee! Yeah man! Thanks Jon, I appreciate it a lot :)

That night, I sang "That's When You Know" by Gareth Gates. Not many people would know the song but its a song thats of certain meaning to me :) 4yrs ago, I sang that song for my JC's talentime and won 2nd in the English Solo category. A small acheivement but it was meaningful... Jiarong and Jasmine were also in that year's talentime and they won 2nd for the Chinese Group cat. with their original composition :) Great times we had back in JC... And it was those times spent performing, composing and music making with Jasmine and Jiarong that sparked off my passion in music. I know we would never forget those times and memories left. I still remember there were times we would be quite "sian" because at times there were many rehearsals and much has to be done rehearsing, or we would try recording our demos but fail to do a good take everytime. And the LT5 grand piano... Ha... Kinda out of tune but we just hung out there and kept singing :) Jasmine and Jiarong, the both of you are my first music buddies man!!! Yeah, if there's a chance, we'll do music again :)

Sunday was sort of a rest day for me cause after many weeks, there's no gig at night. Although I was actually looking forward to watching the performance at White Tangerine. Probably it was a good rest for me especially when I'm sick. 休息是为了走更长的路 ...


From Right to Left [KC, Jasmine, Jiarong and Caleb (JJC)]

Life kept simple is the best... :)

-LeB-

0 comments: