Wednesday, August 20, 2008

My days as a Relief Teacher...

I survived 3 days as a relief teacher. The result of it... I have fallen sick :( Sighz. Down with a really bad cold. It is just the wrong time to fall sick when my piano exam is TOMORROW! I really hope I would still be able to go for it and do well... Flu, flu go away!!!

I probably fell sick because I am so not used to waking up at 5.45am when usually I would sleep at 3am and wake up at 11am. What a drastic change. And for the first 2 days, I only managed 3hrs plus and 5hrs of sleep. I have been taking afternoon naps, usually 2hrs which makes my day really short. Or at least it feels so :( I will need to get used to this. Sleeping at 11pm would ensure me about 7hrs of sleep, but 11pm seems really early :(

Time passes fast in school which is a good thing... BUT... I am losing my voice! 3 days and I'm beginning to feel it. In fact, by the first 2 days, I'm pretty gone. The kids make so much noise that I have to "battle" with them with my LOUDNESS. arggh! I must say... They really can shout! And I wonder what their voice boxes are made of... I still lose out. Today I managed to keep the noise level down without shouting, but that was only for 1 class? For another, literally everyone was shouting... No one was talking... Ha... But I don't hate the kids, in fact, some and quite adorable... the P1s especially. Just that, I don't think I can let them be that noisy.

Some kids seem to like me... Today, a P2 boy even said, "wah! look, the teacher is so handsome. right? he's a handsome teacher" Quite dotz... I didn't know a P2 knows what is handsome or ugly. Wahaha... And I get the usual, "he took my pencil", "no! I'm not your friend"... etc etc It is when they tell me such stuff that I don't really know how to react.

I have also noticed that the younger generation have the NEWEST names of all. Its no longer Matthew, Peter, John... etc. I get names like Clevereno, Antonione, Brennan, Nevin... Names that I never knew existed. Names have evolved man... ...

I pray that I would recover real soon and be back on track!

P.S. call my Mr Tay... Wahaha!

-LeB-

0 comments: