Saturday, July 26, 2008

Medical Checkups...

By now some of you would know that I might and most probably would be undergoing an operation some time soon. There are many procedures to be done before going for the operation, and I suppose it is quite a major op. How coincidental it is when there are so many reports and talk about the legalisation of the sale of kidneys and right here I am just about to donate my kidney. For those who didn't know, it is a kidney transplant that I would be doing. I am the donor not the recipient. In all things, I am going to commit it onto the Lord. :)

Today I went for another check up and it was a CT scan on my kidneys. At these check ups, I realised that I am surrendering myself to the nurses and doctors, leaving it up to them to do whatever they have to, without even knowing what they are going to do!!! Just like today, I thought it would be some scan that didn't require any injections or painful treatments. Not that injections are all that painful, but, I would cringe at them. I always feel like laughing when being poked, its the painful-ticklish feeling. So as I was saying, I had to endure unexpected poking and injections today. The nurse poked a HUGE needle into my BIG BIG vein (they always comment that I have a very big vein and ask if thats usually the vein they use... the answer is YES!). Poking the needle and taking it out right away would be fine, but no, the needle was left there for the rest of the check up... probably 30mins? It just felt so... TICKLISH... wahahha! Apart from the poking, I had 2 injections, the first was water and the other was some liquid that would enable the doctor to see what was happening inside my body, ie. how does liquid flow in my body. Although I have obsolutely no idea why the nurse injected water into me, it felt weird. Just through a vein, the whole tube of water went missing and into my body. I could feel the sensation in my arm and flowing into my chest area. The other liquid was worst. I could feel the sensation throughout my whole body and it made me feel like... URINATING! Good thing I didn't wet the bed? Oops...

This is what the stuck needle in my arm looks like...

Huge needle 0n my arm...

*dreaming of my dream...*

-LeB-

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi there!it's not easy to bring out a courage as a donor for kidney transplant..*brovo*

the injected water shud be contrast for kidney f(X) test gua..

may god bless u..take care!