Thursday, July 24, 2008

Convocation!

I attended a convocation on tuesday. It was my very very good friend's convocation, dearest Jasmine Ng. :) I should have attended 2 convos by now but I've only attended one. Apologies goes out to Whitney Wong, so sorry I forgot about it. Still, I am very happy for them both and Xuan who has graduated from NIE as well :) First it was the A'levels and now, its uni, I am so proud of all of you! 2 more years for Jiarong, 2 more years for myself and 3 more years for Kelvin. Press on!

Although I was really excited for my close friends who have graduated, I no longer feel the urge of wanting to be there, wanting to be like everyone else, wearing the convocation gown and graduating from a local uni. When I was in secondary school, my primary aim was to get into a junior college, it didn't really matter which junior college, all I knew was that I wanted to be in that system. And in JC, I just wanted to get into uni, preferably a local uni. I used to roam NUS or NTU at times when I was in JC, when I visited friends or my elder brother. Back then, it seemed like a goal and something that I really wanted to reach. On tuesday when I travelled 1 and a half hours into NTU, I no longer feel that its a place where I would like to be. Looking at the students having their orientation and students in their convo gowns, everything seemed so foreign. I thought how would my day of convocation be. There wasn't even a sense of excitement. Yet I thought... My thoughts and feelings would be so much more different if I were to graduate from... BERKLEE?? Wahahah... There and then I was back into my dream land. For now, it might be a dream, but who knows, dreams do come true.

School is starting in 2 months time. I am so not looking forward to it. My focus has changed. Probably tremendously...

Happy pics below!


Congrats Jasmine! Offically into the work force and earning big bucks!


Woohoo~!~! I look so happy!


My turn with the bookworm hat :)

*cough cough* we had lunch with someone that day as well. same initials as Kelvin Ching... Lets call him Mr. KC. I have a rather good impression of him :) :) :) Jasmine... HINT HINT!

-LeB-

0 comments: