Tuesday, June 3, 2008

My Musical Influences...

Way before my first "favourite singer" of all time, Eric Moo, I had major English music influences. And they came mainly from boybands. These days, it seems that boybands are no longer the trend in the scene. One of my favourite was Boyzone. If I didn't recall wrongly, their records were the first few that I bought from the record store. Of course there was Backstreet Boys as well. The music was still mainstream pop and it was very listenable at a young tender age of... ... 12? I remember talking about forming a "group" with some of my classmates at that age. Eventually, one of them did form a "group" and had some acheivements, which is MiLuBing. Maybe my interest in music was apparent since young.

My younger brother was listening to the song "Love Me For A Reaon" and it brought back some memories. Music has always been magical and to me, it is like a "time box" or perhaps, "time capsule". Listening to different songs at different times in life speak a different story everytime. And they often help me recall the past. How amazing. After many years, I am listening the the song "Love Me For A Reason" in a different perspective. My ears are now more sensitive to certain aspects of the music and certain things make more sense. Still, it is a nice song :)

May everyone out there enjoy the song as I do. :) A simple chirpy song...

-LeB-

0 comments: