Thursday, June 19, 2008

making a difference...

Once again I caught an episode of 稀游记2 and it was the final episode. This time round it was on Singaporeans who went abroad with the goal of helping orphans, the poor and people with needs. It gets me thinking and makes me realise once again how blessed and fortunate Singaporeans are. At the same time, I wish to be like these people; people who make a difference in other people's lives.

Just as the Bible says that Christians are to be salt and light of the world, I believe that we are meant to be channels of blessings to the people around us. While the saying goes, "money makes the world go round", I would like to think that "love makes the world go round". With a little compassion, thought and act of love, we can make the world a better place.

While watching the show, I thought of how would I be able to help and in what capacity would I be able to do so. I suppose and probably, everyone's calling, purpose is different in their lives. But I am sure that in whatever aspect God calls us into, we can make a difference and still bless the people around us. I want to strive in the area that God has prepared for me, and to make that difference.

*note: Diya, if you happen to know Belinda or see her at Mediacorp, please help me tell her I think her show rocks man! And she rocks too! Wahahha... *

-LeB-

0 comments: