Friday, June 6, 2008

booming with excitement!!!

you won't believe this... I got my CELLO today~!~! yes... today! 050608 woohoo~!~! I am booming with excitement man! A new instrument in my house and one that I've longed for, for months! I can't wait to have my first cello lesson and start bowing some notes on the cello! I went down to Synwin today to get the cello and got it at a discounted price thanks to the name "Minhui"... Haha... Thanks! Its a red looking cello that is within my budget and has a rather low and warm sound, not so piercing :) I am suddenly feeling so excited!

These past few days have been busy, busy, busy... packed to the brim. I did invigilation on Monday from 9am-6pm and Wednesday in the afternoon. Other stuff that keeps me busy is my usual teaching schedule. Right now, I've got 10 classes assigned to me, that keeps me rather busy! I haven't done some of the stuff that I wish to... I should manage my time better! Besides all those mentioned, there is still rehearsals for JiuJian's concert coming this weekend. I am in the choir with the "star" program students... Went down for the full-band rehearsal on Wednesday night, after the rehearsal, I feel so sad... 'Cause Ruth is really impressive on the keyboard. I feel that I would never reach a stage like hers :( But Simon and AiCheng, my music teachers tell me that it's possible. Is it really true? But of course, I should examine myself first... How many hours do I really put in to practice? How much effort do I put in? I want to do more and to really improve, improve, improve... It is easy saying it and I've said it so many times. I just hope that it would come to pass...


At the Band Rehearsal... We went to a real big studio with good equipment. I heard each hour it is $100 and more, big names have their rehearsals there. (Ruth and Simon in the picture)... Ruth is the music director and first keyboardist of the concert. She is a big name... and indeed, she is good! Very good!


The strings section! They are all so young and talented!


Simin with the band... You rock girl!


The choir boys! Wahahah... Neo! Wake up!!!


Back view of JiuJian and the studio...


This shot looks like a "secretive" shot...

Thurs... Lunch with my elder bro, piano lesson, heading to synwin to get my cello, teaching and I joined Simon's church friends at their jamming session... While they were jamming, Minhui and I went out... We went to... ... ... ...


Eat! Our favourite past-time...


Just that you didn't know... We were squatting beside the road eating Satay! Wahhahah... Experiencing the life of a coolie...


Food on the floor, squatting by the roadside and enjoying the Satay!

Tomorrow is Friday and it is my free day! I've only got Zone 3 at night... Looking forward to the session... Exams are over but life is still so busy! But, I'm loving it! Sometimes tired out...

-LeB-

0 comments: