Thursday, May 29, 2008

1-day trip in JB...

31st May 2008 marks our 2nd "1-day trip" in JB. And I must say, it was very successful and filled with loads of fun! Fun wasn't the end of it all... we were "stuffed" with lots of food as well, GOOD FOOD!

We were crazy enough to arrange our meet up time at 7.30am in the morning. The rule was whoever was late, they would give a treat! And as I EXPECTED, Kelvin and Jiarong were the latecomers! Although I thought I might run the possibility of being late as well. I actually ran from my house to the MRT station to avoid being late.

We ended up reaching JB rather early and began the first thing on our itinery which was breakfast! "Bak-kut-teh breakfast". We actually had rice and dishes for BREAKFAST. I doubt we had other choices because dear Wanping (our so-called-malaysian friend) only knew very very LIMITED places to bring us around. After breakfast was rest time and Wanping's place, followed by bowling which ended up with shopping. The bowling alley was too crowded and we decided to forgo the idea. A nice time shopping at Jusco where I bought a top :) I am quite satisfied with it :) Soon, we headed for our next meal... Fish-head curry! It was good stuff man! I'm not a fan of fish but I really liked it and the other dishes that came along :)

Our activities continued with go-karting, foot reflexology, dinner and chill-out :) Below are the pics!


The HUNKS with their karting helmets... All ready!


No. 50 Aloysius Tan Han Tian, 6th position out of...... 6th! My 2nd time karting at JB and I am so proud of myself! Wahaha... I really am... I think I tried my best today and did much better :) I came in 2nd! Of course, Wanping defended her championship title. But the point is, I beat Kelvin! Ha... Beat it! The last time I went for the karting, I was really really really slow and both Wanping and Kelvin were lapping my for uncountable number of times. It was a much more fun experience this time round! I am looking forward to the next session... :) :)


At "Classic Foot Reflexology". The girls washing their SMELLY feet before getting... BRUISED? It was the girls' 1st time at foot reflexology... Not that I am any better because it was my 2nd time. At the end of the day, Jiarong said her whole leg is filled with "blue-blacks". So much for blood circulation, it seems more like blood clotting. I had 1 spot of blue-black as well. But I think it did feel good after the reflexology.


Kelvin and I enjoying EVERY MOMENT of it. We "LOVED" it... TOTALLY! More like we were great pretenders! Wahahha... We simply endured the pain. And at some points, the pain is not just at the feet but you would feel it at other parts of your body. I feel so MAN now...


Dinner, dinner, dinner!!! The highlight of the meal! Butter Crayfish... Let me re-phrase it... HUMONGOUS butter crayfish and it was everyone's favourite :) try it for yourself!


Me and my butter crayfish...


Many dishes at an affordable price. That is what is good about eating in Malaysia. You simply eat and eat and eat but not worry about the price :) A very affordable meal and a meal worth it!


The aftermath...


After dinner we headed down to "Danga Bay" to chill-out and walk around. It was my first time there. The place is rather nice. They have a fun-fair over there and different places to chill-out. And it is located beside the sea :) A little similar to Singapore's Esplanade. (A pic of the fun-fair)... we all felt its been a long time since we've been to a fun-fair.


Random pic at the merry-go-round...


Group pic!


We attempted some of the games of which we failed to win anything substantial. I think we won... 2 pencils? (Kelvin looks like a professional shooter in the pic though)


From one look... It was sure that Jiarong would never shoot well... Haiz... Wahaha!


I thought it was interesting how such games are so simple and yet they still bring entertainment to people :) In this fast-paced and high-technological world, I feel that the simplicities in life should be revisited, embraced and cherished :)


a "what-the" expression...


you have to admit that these 2 people are cool...


I think this is the photo-of-the-day. Photographer: Caleb Tay
Name of the Work: 偶然的邂逅
Wahahha! Great photo and great title...


A totally failed picture... We were supposed to be "dreamy" and cool...


A foodstall @ Danga Bay, I like the concept. The pic is too bright though... Too high an ISO


JC-pals...


Final pic of the day :)

Its been a long and tiring day, but, great fun! :) Jasmine! You've got to join us the next time round... We might be planning a Desaru trip. It would be so fun if all are around! Till then, tata!

-LeB-

0 comments: