Saturday, September 27, 2008

29th of September 2008

29th of Sept is the day. It is the day of 2 major operations that are going to happen for my family. It is going to be the day that the doctors transplant one of my kidneys to my elder brother. It is D-DAY! It really is... The surgeons will operate on me on Monday morning at about 8plus am and about 3hrs later, the operation will begin on my elder brother. I suppose the next 1 week would be quite torturous, emotionally, mentally and of course, physically. Which operation would not involve pain? I am sure all would...

Above all the tough times, anxiety and fear, there is a greater reason to rejoice and look forward to for the operation. Firstly, I am committing everything to God, really everything. Without Him, we are nothing. Dear Lord, I acknowledge that you are in control or everything and in all things, you work for the good of those who love You.

This operation means A LOT and I reiterate... A LOT... to me, my family and I am sure, especially to my elder brother. He has been through a lot and it is not something that I can just say, "I understand." A lot of us are blessed and truly blessed in the area of our health. So much so that a lot of times we just take things for granted. For my elder brother, since he was p2 he has had to deal with the fact that he wasn't as healthy as other kids. He had to watch his diet, he couldn't eat his favourite "char kway teow" everyday, he couldn't do PE like other kids, he couldn't participate in sporting events, he had to take lots of medication, be in and out of hospital frequently, limit his liquid intake (which was 1 small bottle of water a day!), undergo dialysis 3 times a week. However, he has been a very good role model to all of us... He has always been the strong one, depending on the strength of God, cheering us on, striving for his best in whatever he does, serving the Lord. There are few times that he ever complains or resigns to fate. Yet for many of us, we often feel like its the end of the world when something happens or fails.

I am not brave nor am I noble in any way. I am simply doing what is right and doing my utmost to help my dear brother. It is certainly my privillege and I thank God for giving me a healthy body enough to do this deed. I am looking forward to the time where my whole family would be able to go out for meals, where ALL of us can truly enjoy the food, drinks and deserts... have my whole family go on a holiday together, somewhere faraway and simply enjoy. And I long to have my elder brother do physical activities with us, probably we could play tennis together? Swim together? And to see him lead life with more freedom and have a healthier body, I hope and pray for that.

Please pray for us...

Lord, it is all in Your Hands... We will pull through this together... Amen!


The 3 of us... "Terence", Jaron and Aaron
*now known as Caleb :)

-LeB-

0 comments: