Wednesday, April 30, 2008

highlight in my life...

I went to the back of NYGH or where NJC is today. There lies a stretch of restaurants and bars and its a place that I had never been to before. I didn't even know it existed. Simon suggested that we go to this place called "Fish Market" to have fish and chips. It was a rather impromptu arrangement. The previous night we were having supper and the idea just came by.

Its quite a nice area and it feels "ATAS". I am also sure that it isn't very economical to dine at any of the restaurants there. I like the feel of the area, one that gives the feeling of being overseas. So Simon, Minhui, Wendy and myself headed down to have "fish and chips" today. I had expected a meal of probably $10+ since it was fish and chips. How expensive can fish and chips probably be right? We reached the restaurant and there wasn't any available seats for us, so we had to wait half an hour. Meanwhile, we went to an ice-cream parlour and had nice ice-cream at a cosy place. Time was up and we headed back to the restaurant. What was supposed to be "fish and chips" ended up with a cold seafood platter and a hot seafood platter. Simon and Minhui ordered beer to complete the combination. Wendy and I ordered fresh oysters to top it up. Pics of the food below...


The cold seafood platter... Main course for 2 or appetisers for 4... Amazingly fresh and superb!


Hot Seafood Platter... Simply great!

What I thought was a normal and simple dinner turned out to be something spectacular. Looking at the pics just makes me drool... Of course, the meal wasn't $10+ as I expected it to be. It was quite a bomb. Ha... But somehow, we didn't even bother about the cost. Maybe its good to pamper ourselves once in a while. I hope to try the fish and chips some day and to go back to that area for more food! Perhaps when I feel richer...

Suddenly feel like being industrious and disciplined all over again... :) Great dinner we had!

-LeB-

0 comments: