Monday, March 10, 2008

My Pioneer Keyboard Students...

I finally managed to upload some pictures, after attempting to do so for 2 days. Last Saturday was my last lesson with my keyboard students, Monica and Alethea. Sadly, they have decided to stop due to work commitments.

I totally understand how difficult it is to learn something new or to attend regular lessons when one is working. Growing up, we are given more responsibilities and are no longer that carefree, although we should have more freedom. One would have to work, which already takes up 5 days excluding the nights... and that depends on your nature of work. Family, friends, BGR and other stuff would take up the remaining days and time. It seems that time passes faster when we are older. Is that true?

Talking about my students, Monica and Alethea, they've been learning from me for about 2yrs. And that makes them amongst my pioneer students since I've been teaching pop piano and under Echomusic for about 2yrs and 4months now. Its encouraging how they've continued this journey of learning for so long. In between, they suspended a couple of times or because of commitments are unable to attend lessons, but I see their determination :) Its really very encouraging! The same goes to most of my students as a lot of them are the working class people. For the fact that I've taught Monica and Alethea for such a long time, its a pity to see them stop at this point in time. I certainly hope that they would continue playing the keyboard and not forget what has been taught :) They are also very fun-loving students and I would miss having lessons with them. I sincerely wish them all the best in their future and hope to see them again...


In the keyboard room (left to right: Monica, leb leb, Alethea)


2nd pic of us...

Learning is a never-ending journey. As the chinese saying goes 活到老学到老... I've finally understood the meaning as I look at my students :) If there's something you've always wanted to do or learn, hesitate no more! Do so today! Life would be more colourful and interesting!

-LeB-

0 comments: