Thursday, March 6, 2008

Ice Monster + P.S. I Love You...

I finally went down to Plaza Sing today and had lunch at Ice Monster. Ice Monster mainly sells fruity ice shavings and some taiwanese food. I must say that it wasn't as nice as I had expected to be. The last time I went down, the queue was really long, but being a weekday today, there wasn't any queue. 2 items that I tried are the mango wrap and the mango-durian ice shavings. The wrap looked good but its taste wasn't fantastic... sadly. It was... alright. A pancake wrap coated with egg, its inner was filled with cabbage, floss and mango pieces. I must say that the mango they use are really nice and sweet. The mango-durian desert on the other hand was not bad... With smooth durian puree and fresh mango pieces, its worth a try.


Fresh Mango Wrap


Mango-Durian Ice Shavings... (Great combo, but they didn't have ice-cream that day. What a waste)

After hearing many reviews about the movie, P.S. I Love You, I caught it today. The storyline is rather interesting and quite a touching show. A few of my friends said they cried watching the show... Emm, sad and touching as it is, I thought it wasn't that "sobbing" a movie. There were funny moments in the show as well. A good mix of romance and comedy :) I guess it would be suitable for couples to watch the show. In my opinion, some parts of the storyline was really sad, especially the part where the female lead heard her husband's voice over the recording after her death. To lose someone is already a torture, yet to be constantly reminded of the person or to hear his voice? Sadness... But I presume girls would like what her husband did for her. Whats your take on the show?

-LeB-

0 comments: