Friday, October 26, 2007

A night @ Oosh...

I finally went to Oosh and listened to a live performance there. Its supposedly quite a well-known place with reputable singers like Joanna Dong and Tay Kewei. I would say the place is nice... having a nice ambience, looks good and good performances. I wouldn't mind going back there. Actually this is my 2nd time there. My first was with Ashley, Frances, Yilin, Jon and Joel. But we sat outdoors so I didn't catch the performance. This time round, I went with WangDajie, WendyMAMA and Smintz... Thanks for going together despite being tired and sick. :) *Minhui was so sick that she sounded like a MAN, literally! Wahahah!*

Joanna Dong was the singing that night and watching her sing is quite a pleasure. She is charming :) 2 highlights of the night were when Joanna did the trumpet sound using her mouth and the keyboardist using different instrumentation. Joanna did it so well I initially thought the sound came from the keyboard. Impressive! She has very good diction, a nice tone and groove to her voice that is suitable to sing jazz. For people who do not know her, she was top 32 in Singapore Idol 1, sang for 'if there're seasons', a recent chinese musical that I managed to catch, and now, a frequent performer at pubs. The keyboardist, an 'uncle' but plays superbly well. He knows what to play and when to play, not playing too much and using the right instrumentation. There was a part when he played 'singing' on the keyboard, so cool! For people who like jazz and pubs with live performance, I recommend Oosh. Its at Dempsey Rd, near Holland V. Anyone who wants to go, call me along!

We left after the performance and, we didn't fail our stomachs... We set off for supper again. Pics below...


A pic of our drinks and Joanna Dong singing. I love my drink 'Virgin Peach Margarita', its a mocktail, I'm still a small boy.


A pic of the girls. They look reddy...


Scandal! Scandal! Do we look like a couple or more like mother and son? She is WendyMAMA. :)
(I don't like the colour of the pic though, so green... taken with the wrong settings)


Smintz, Minhui and I...


As requested by Wendy. A cute pose. Gosh...

-LeB-

0 comments: