Saturday, October 20, 2007

Jesus... Worship... Humility...

Just came back from a brief church worship meeting. Eng Kwang shared on 3 things today... I simple sharing but it was a good reminder. All of us being so active in church and serving in the worship ministry, sometimes it becomes so mundane and routine that we forgot the purpose of everything. We were told to share on the word 'Jesus' and 'worship', what it meant to us. There were contributions like... Jesus is our saviour; Jesus died for our sins; Jesus helped me through NS; Jesus is my first love and will always be... etc. I said that Jesus is the reason we live. And I guess its so true, there is no greater cause for living. May Jesus be and always be the focus of our lives. Amen!

On 'worship', people said it means... an expression of our love to God, a testimony of our lives, adoration to God, giving God His due praise and glory, blessing the Lord's name. Thereafter, Eng Kwang shared a short paragraph of what worship is. What he said was initially too abstract, but as he repeated, it made sense. It encompassed all that was contributed. Indeed 'worship' is not what some people term as 'slow songs' that are sung in a church service. I guess it was coined that way for convenience. I was reminded that our lives are a worship to God, that worship and Christian living is not just a Sunday thing. I ought to live out the standards of God in a greater capacity.

Humility... nothing said about it, just an act done by brother Eng Kwang. He washed our feets. It was a true humbling act and he wanted to set an example. May today's message be a reminder to all of us.

I need to be disciplined and set my priorities right.

-LeB-

0 comments: