Sunday, October 7, 2007

巫启贤的演唱会!!!

I just came back! Its 1.46am now. Caleb is feeling high, happy, contented and great! Yeah, I just came back from 巫启贤的演唱会! Eric Moo's concert. I was very much looking forward to his concert. It is a highlight... And, it was great and enjoyable.

I have gone for 3 of his concerts. Ever since he had his first concert in Singapore in 2003, then 2005 and now, 2007. 2 yrs once and its always something I look forward to. 巫启贤 is what made me really listen to chinese songs. I first heard him sing on a music programme on channel 8 called 'music happenings'. And back then, I was captivated by his voice. He can really sing. Plus, his range is very wide, something that interest me too. Since then, I have bought many of his albums and I know practically all his songs. Wendy was saying how can it be that you grew up listening to his songs? Well, I did. I started listening to his songs at the age of 15. Back then I could just listen to his album for 1-2 months. His songs are those that are '很耐听' and have stood the test of time. A career as a singer for 24 years, he has gone a long way...

What was different this time round is that I went to the concert with some friends! Yeah! However, I still sat alone cause I bought the ticket alone. The concert must have been more fun with them beside me. Still, at least after the concert I could share my excitement with them! Haha... Sorry WangDajie if I kept harping on 'Eric Moo + Ruth Ling'. I have gone for 3 concerts alone but this time, I had company, cool... I also saw Diya and Carrie. Carrie was quite high. Haha. Back to the contents of the concert...

Sadly, we were slightly late for the concert. Haiz, that is one of my regrets. 'Cause to me, the beginning part of the concert is always the most exciting! And, Eric Moo did a medley! Medley's are interesting and fun! Yet, I missed 3/4 of it. I only heard a little of <想着你的感觉 and 遗忘过去> Sad, 'cause both are my favourites... After so long, 巫启贤 still sings very well and is very stable. Thats so good. However, some parts of the concert wasn't that exciting for me cause I've heard the songs too many times, even live, over and over again. Now, the highlight!!! The highlight of the concert for me was when he sang <太傻 and 叫阮的名> Both songs are piano-fied. Ha... Especially 太傻! The rendition they did was great! The first verse and chorus, it was just the piano and 巫启贤's voice. I love acoustics... When they started that song, 'I couldn't take it!'. Yeah, it was just too nice!!! Arggh! Ruth Ling was on the keyboard. This is my first time listening to her playing. She is a well-known keyboardist in the Singapore music scene and I've heard much about her. Simon used to learn from her and my piano teacher, Ai Cheng is her friend. Well, she is good! What an inspiration! The second highlight was the hokkien song. The piano started the song, it sounded great and, I have not heard the song for song long.... so listening to it again was FANTASTIC. The song has so much emotions, and to listen to it live... just GREAT!

巫启贤 also shared a little about his past and happenings. Very interesting... I would think Wendy, Simin, Minhui and Xiuping would be able to relate to it. Well, my only 'performing' period was when I was in JJC together with Jiarong and Jasmine. I started to think about how we used to write songs... Songs that sound plain, simple and bad :( but, we loved them. How we recorded the songs hours after hours, had rehearsals... etc. Those days are great memories for me. Well, I really hope my path in music will not stop or end here and that it will carry on. Like what Minhui said... looking and hearing 巫启贤 spurs her on to do good music! Yeah... I totally agree!

After the concert, we went for supper... Supper at LauPaSat. Its been sometime since I had supper. Nice to gather together with them. :)
Great day! :) Caleb has got to work hard!

Praise the Lord! Anyway, Eric Moo is now a Christian also... :) I ever prayed for his salvation... Hahah... Am I crazy or am I crazy? Still, it is a good thing that another person is in the Kingdom of God. May I be a salt and light to the people around me...

*Smilez*


Blurred Pic of 巫启贤...


巫启贤 and his 2 guests... 方文琳 and 裘海正


A clearer pic... :)


This is "THE" pic! I actually caught 巫启贤 introducing Ruth Ling!


Xiuping, Simin, Minhui and I at the concert...


Spot the 3 girls shouting "encore!"


Diya and Carrie were at the concert too... :)


I have long wanted to take a pic with these 2... Simon on the right, my former keyboard instructor and his girlfriend, Minhui, my current vocal instructor. The both of them are very talented! and, they are my mentors! Thanks lots for all the opportunities, chances and faith you have in me :) I truely respect and thank God for the both of you!

I've finally come to the end of my post. Great night! :)

-LeB-

2 comments:

Ryan said...

I was searching for blog on Eric Moo's concert and was very glad that I found yours. Like you, I also grew up listening to Eric Moo's songs (since I'm 13). I especially liked the last part when about 500-1000 of us stayed back and tried to "lure" Eric Moo to come out for second time. Surprising, he appeared again in T shirt and bermudas. He must be very touched that he can still get a bunch of 30 somethings to do such crazy things for him.

Your account is definitely much better than the crap that wan bao wrote.

Hope he will come back again in 2009.

-LeB- said...

hey yo! coolz... nice having someone leaving a comment. Yeah... His songs are just SPECIAL, there are lots of memories and emotions in his songs. And yes, really hope he will come back again in '09 with more! Anyway, I'm only 20. Wahaha... I know most of his fans are late 20s, early 30s. Nice to meet you.