Sunday, September 30, 2007

my Saturday performance...

The day started off with Caleb waking up at around 10plus. As usual, he wanted to wake up early to exercise but that did not happen. The day kicked off with him taking a bus down to Echo to meet with the rest for a performance at Fort Canning.

They arrived at Fort Canning and had to lug the heavy keyboard to where the stage was. Caleb needs to be stronger. The keyboard is still considered heavy. :( The crowd at fort canning was ... ... Maybe, I should not use the word crowd, 'cause there ain't a crowd to begin with. Unexpectedly, there were not many people there. Still, they set up everything and began performing. Although almost no one listened, there were 3 faithful listeners. Wang Dajie, her student, Peifen and another guy who came to find out more about the school. Even if there was just an audience, we would still perform. That wasn't the disappointment. What did not go well was the sound system. The sound system would 'EXPLODE' on every song we performed. YES! The sound system would EXPLODE. It would go... 'BOOM!' and suddenly, the sound of Caleb's keyboard would be extremely loud. There was sequence to it. The sound of my keyboard was very very soft, almost inaudible, and 1min 40secs into the song, everyone should have placed their hands on their ears in anticipation for the 'explosion', BOOMED! Therefore, I would adjust the volume on my keyboard and 30secs later, the volume goes back to being inaudible.

Many things could have been better. Still, I thank God for the experience. From everything, something can be learnt out of it. I got to say this again... WendyMama is super good on stage! From the moment she started talking on stage, I was SHOCKED... hahah... She is someone who would get the crowd's attention and the crowd alive! I believe so. She is so full of energy, talks non-stop, captures one's attention and knows how to handle the situation. I enjoyed myself playing on the keyboard which was inaudible half the time. :) Also, from this I have learnt to play more songs and hope I have improved at least by a little. :)

-LeB-

0 comments: