Thursday, September 13, 2007

SIM Duet Superstar...


Malay/Chinese couple...

I recently joined a singing competition. Its a duet singing competition in my school, SIM. My friend, Fadhillah messaged me one day to ask if I am interested to join the competition. Well, I accepted the invitation. :) She is a Malay so we've been doing songs in malay and chinese. We would either pick a malay/chinese duet or change the lyrics. I would say, she has great talent in malay lyrics writing! Anyway, we passed the auditions, went into the semi-finals... and now, we are in the finals. 6 pairs left and the competition is strong! Although the prizes are quite lucrative... $500 for the first prize, I doubt I can get it. So... I will just enjoy the process. :)

Thanks to all who came down to support me during the semi-finals. My SIM friends... Minghui, Amanda, Sui Ying, Chee Boon, Darren, Ben, Mel, Joys, Kellyn. Also, my church friends came down! :) Thanks Diya, Rochelle, Roanna and Sophia (Diya's "mei"). Thanks to all the support and prayers from others too... Thanks Helena.

Mistakes I have made for the 2 rounds of competition. I forgot my lyrics!!! But somehow, I seem to be quite good at going with the flow and just substituting words of my own. Ha... The first audition, I forgot my chinese lyrics and I just filled up with words that came to my head. I doubt it made sense. On the semi-finals, I forgot my lyrics again! This time, the malay lyrics. Still, I managed to any-old-how add some malay fillers in. Fadhillah told me that I mentioned about ghosts when I sang! Maybe I had used the word 'hantu'. Hopefully, I will not forget my words anymore! And, hope for a good last performance in the competition. :)


My new found friends... SIM peeps :)


Church peeps + Sophia ...


I was so nervous I was perspiring like mad!

-LeB-

0 comments: