Wednesday, April 1, 2009

planning for the future...

at 2am in the morning, Caleb is planning for the future...

I just made a call to Berklee to find out about some stuff. I also managed to find out what went wrong with my audition. It was good that I could find out what went wrong... cause... I'm dying to know! What the guy over the phone said was that... Nothing really major or drastic went wrong with my audition, I have got some good technique, musicianship... but it was that this semester, the applicants were too strong. Its really time to work harder and harder if I really want to make it there...

I also checked if I had to wait a year before reapplying... and the answer is yes. :( Sadly... However, I could do the 12 week summer program next year (May) which could credit into a 1st semester in Berklee... That sounds like a plan. :) then... to reapply into college again and get it! I really want to go Berklee, study music and do my best in music.

my thoughts after 14hrs since the release of results:

-I am feeling MUCH better now :) yeah. and I know that God certainly has plans to prosper me, bigger and better plans for me. I have to trust in Him... and find comfort in Him! :) I ever thought how would I react if I really didn't get in... would I blame God? and I am glad that I am not blaming God! yeah! in fact, I still thank Him :) God is good ALL the time.

-now that I am not going over... I can attend my brother's wedding (which is a big thing and that I would have to miss it if I was accepted!) and I can attend Matz & Isaiah's, Joyce's ... and others?

-its time for me to be DISCIPLINED. I think God is probably speaking to me on that aspect. Life has been quite a bed of roses, and I thank God for it... but I must not get complacent! Time to step out of my comfort zone, do more things and starting earning more income! Should be going back to relief teaching...

-not going over means I have another 1 year learning the cello as well. Which is a good thing cause I think I've got a really good and nice cello teacher and I enjoy lessons with him. And the cello is something I would like to continue with even if I do go overseas :)

-from now till then, I have exactly 1 year or more... and I better improve musically and in my piano. Also, I believe God has His timing and I am looking out for what God has in stored for me this year and in Singapore :)

and lastly, I really thank God for wonderful parents, a very supportive elder brother, a very close and still adorable younger brother. I thank God that they understand what I really love, appreciate and want to do in life :) my mum told me, "its ok, just try again next year" and my dad said, "how about going to the music college in KL, or Australia?" I am really really grateful and thankful that they don't pressurize me to do something that I do not like or to be more so-called-useful. There wasn't even a word of reprimand. I cherish my family very much :) love them lots... thank God, thank God.

Also, I thank all my friends for all the encouragement. Thanks, thanks and more thanks :)

I really do hope I can do it!

striving towards a much more disciplined life... praise the Lord!

-LeB-

0 comments: