Saturday, November 1, 2008

How I love my Hong Kong dramas...

I've been watching a new TVB serial. Its the sequel of 溏心风暴... 之家好月圆. A rather good serial. I love HK dramas for its interesting plots, witty dialogue, good acting... etc. This current serial plays quite a lot on emotions, and I suppose, the Hong Kongers love that. It reminds me how important family ties are and how it should be treasured and time should be invested. But of course, dramas are always an exagerration of what reality is. Still, I think that many in Singapore do not have the best of family ties and its something that we should all work to improve. :)

Besides TVB serials, I'm so into cantonese. Love it totally. I love the sound of it and cantonese songs, be it old or new, always tugs my heartstrings. I guess a part of me is canto... maybe 2/5 of it? What attributed to this characteristic of mine was probably because when I was younger, my mum used to watch Hong Kong drama on TV2 or TV3, the blurry Malaysian channel and I ended up listening to those cantonese dialogues. Also, my mum and her 5 sisters, together with my grandma all converse in cantonese at family gatherings, I grew up with that... but I got to say that my cantonese is still so... LOUSY. How sad. One wish of mine is to be able to speak cantonese fluently.

My canton dream...

-LeB-

0 comments: