Friday, November 21, 2008

Counting your blessings...

Previous I started becoming stress about my decision on embarking on a music career. Forsaking mainstream education, applying to Berklee and sorts. Although now its still not too late to turn back. However, I am once again reminded that we really need to count our blessings, be contented with what we have, seek the Will of God and continually strive to improve. There were definitely times where I felt really lazy to learn new songs, practice on my instrument, got stress over gigs and jammings... etc. However, at the end of the day, music still brings me a whole load of joy! Really... :)

I seems that for many musicians, they prefer to gig and not teach. But for me, teaching is really quite a joy :) I cherish my students very much and always take pride when I see them improving. Besides teaching, "gigging" is also brings me great enjoyment. 3yrs back, I would never have seen myself doing ALL THESE. Teaching many students, talking to friends about music, pursuing a dream, performing at cafes/events/weddings! and many more. Indeed, when I started, my very first "excitement" was when Simon offered me a position to teach in Echo. I acted all cool in front of him as if it was nothing much in front of me. But I remember when I left the premises of Echo that day, I really shouted and jumped for joy. Even before that, that was what I really hoped for. Thank God for paving the way for me. I also give thanks and should continually remind myself that its an HONOUR to be playing the keyboard in church, to be serving God with the skills and talent (even that little bit of talent) that he has bestowed on me. And I have many people to thank for all the opportunities that I've been given. What I did fear was that there would be one day where all these opportunities are such a norm that they no longer become an "excitement". I certainly hope I would always remain humble, child-like to some extent and always give thanks for the simplest of all opportunities.

I had my cello lesson again today and... I REALLY REALLY enjoyed it. :) I'm beginning to see myself improve bit by bit although I wish it could be faster... I've got quite a lot to do this weekend and suddenly, they no longer seem to be a chore. I'm back to the mindset that it really is a joy and enjoyment to learn songs and to do up a performance. I am looking forward to it.

Yesterday I met up with my SIM friends for dinner. It was good to see all of them again :) Everyone is looking good and it was nice to know whats going on in their lives. Manda asked me what I've been doing and she says she feels like my life seems to be more interesting than hers? And again in dawned upon me that when I was still studying in SIM, I wanted so much to just leave and do music. Indeed, thats what I am doing now, so why fret about it when I've decided. I should instead cherish this chance and opportunity by doing my best. It is what I really want to do.

Its been sometimes since I had pics on my blog. Photo-whoring with the "Monday Gang"...

Dinner at Cafe Cartel.


Self taken pic!


Lets get ready for Christmas! Tis the season to be jolly!

-LeB-

0 comments: