Saturday, May 5, 2007

Television comes to "Live"...

Alright, I guess what I'm about to say is going to sound dumb, but this is how I really feel. Walking on the streets on Atlanta and roaming around is like television coming to "Live!"... Cool! Reason being I have never really encoutered people speaking like they way they do on american tv... I have never seen architecture and layouts like on tv... So, its like being in a whole different universe.


The weather is great here... Its almost like the weather in Genting, except that it is cooler. The streets are filled with great architecture around, or rather, stuff that you don't see in Singapore. Travel really widens your horizons.

About the culture here, it is really different. I feel that back in Singapore, people are all quite reserved. However, at the place I am now, people in the service industry really SERVE you. They chat up with you even before they serve you! Was at the bank today, and the lady was going, "How's your day! Is everything alright?!? So how may I help you?" So actually, you would have to reply about 2 sentences before you state what you want. But its cool, cause they sound really friendly and nice. I think back in Singapore, people would think 'Siao!' And I met a sales-girl today who was all smiley. She left an impression... and I wanted to take a pic with her. But, I didn't have the courage to ask at first... and when I was at the shop again, she wasn't there anymore. What a waste!

Alright! Time for some pics.














Georgia Tech, where Dawn is doing her exchange. Nice looking University.


Some church that we walked pass... Its a methodist church. Looks really nice and grand! Just look at the tower...



















Mary Macs tea room! Our destination for lunch. Nice place, looking 'old-english' and nice food.


Lunch time! The portions are really big... Finally found a place that could satisfy my hunger! (On the left is Caleb's lunch, smoked chicken over rice, sweet potato and spiced apples) (Right... Fried Chicken, potato pancakes (Karen! think you would love them) and okra which means ladyfinger with tomatoes) Authentic southern food... Damn! its nice...

Tea time! Ha, I'm still the same, eating almost every 1-2 hours. This is the famous 'Key Lime Pie'. I heard its a must have in the southern part. I think I took a very nice pic of it man... Its really sweet though, guess its to cater to the taste buds of the people here. They REALLY like sweet stuff, which might explain their... S*ze. *oops* Second pic is WHITE CHOCOLATE MOCHA! Nice nice... All things come in big packages though. It was really sweet and I couldn't finish it.


Fox Theatre...

The name says it all... 17 1/2 street. cool!


Alright, last pic of the day... Nice and big houses and a small Caleb. (this pic was taken many times, due to the fact that I didn't have an artistic photographer :P)

Till then... tata!

-LeB-

0 comments: