Thursday, May 24, 2007

the journey continues...

I have been away from home for... 21days. wow... didn't realise it was that long. the days have been going by real quick, with lots of things to do and a rushed schedule. Everyday I would wake up to rush to go out and spend a whole day out before heading back to my 'shelther' for a bath and sleep. Perhaps I should adopt such a lifestyle when I'm back in Singapore.

It has been great so far, lots to look at, lots to experience. Officially been to Atlanta, New York, Toronto, Ontario, Las Vegas, Los Angeles and San Diego. Different cities of America and all feels different. I stayed at a hostel in Los Angeles and was rooming with an Australian couple and 2 English girls. The Australian couple were friendly and it was fun talking to them... These people have been travelling for 4-5 months; of which their travel plans are a 6 months stint. Amazing! And I met a girl from Ireland who plans to travel for 1 year. Its such people you meet that makes the travel more interesting. And my thought is... how can they just put down everything to travel. Emm... perhaps its a culture overseas by not observed in Asia. I think that travelling for 1 month is long enough to experience a 'long trip'... Another thought I had... Its amazing how everyone speaks English but yet has a different accent. The Brits have their own accent, Aussies have another accent and so does the Americans. Well, Singaporeans speak English their own way too... Its just interesting. I could sit in the room and just hear the Aussies and Brits converse. So interesting! Languages are beautiful. But if there's another language I could choose to master, I would want to speak in Cantonese well... I think it sounds so so well. Kudos to Frances who is going over to Hong Kong! (stupid Joel who didn't want to tell me :P... arggh) Alright 'indecisives'... no more planning needed. We shall just head to Hong Kong for a holiday.

Its now 12.21am over here in Los Angeles, my last night over here. Oh man! I got to say that Universal Studios was great! Its a great place of interest where they show you how movies are made... etc etc. I took down some videos and hope to post them up if I know how and if I can. Universal was so much better than Disney. I think my younger brother will love Universal... He so loves watching movies. Sad thing was that on the day we went Disney, it was the premier for 'Pirates of the Caribbean'... thus lots of attractions were closed early or closed for the day. The park was also closed earlier. And nope, I didn't see Johnny Depp or Orlando Bloom although they were supposedly there... (when I left). Running low in funds now thus I'vebeen only having 2 meals a day. Brunch and Dinner. Pathetic right? Especially for LeB who loves to grab small bites so much. But its still good... We always splurge on dinner... Shall upload photos on my meals. I'm always looking forward to my meals.
One thing I really enjoyed doing over here. Driving! I drove to Grand Canyon and Death Valley! Oops... Sorry to my Dad who told me not to drive over here. But no worries, Caleb is all safe and fine. It is just fun to drive in a different environment with 'left-hand' drive and with different cars. Also, over here the cars travel quite fast... and cause we drive to faraway places, we tend to drive faster too... emm... like a 'little' faster than in Singapore... 16*km? feels good. Blehz... it was a long drive to both Grand Canyon and Death Valley. But I enjoyed the drive. Nice scenery...

Hope everyone is well and fine in Singapore... Miss the food back there... Well, I also miss the people... EVERYONE! do receive me from the airport. Ha... alright gtg... Tata!
Hotel Rm in Las Vegas... Stratosphere


Chinny Chin Chin... maybe its a sign for you to set up a cafe.


Grand Canyon... Great Sight. No wonder its called 'Grand'

Ice-cream after hike at Grand Canyon... Feels great.
Just felt like playing a fool... Reminded me of chocolate fountain.


Drive to Death Valley...

@ the sand dunes of Death Valley. The weather was hot!
But my mood was good. When you feel good, you feel like jumping!


Disneyland... I've been to 2 disneylands in half a year

its been a long time since I sat on the swing.
however, my bum has grown... the sit didn't quite fit.
nevertheless, realised my desire of sitting on a swing
@ the beach of Santa Monica...
sometimes you wish life was so simple and fun

kids by the beach of Santa Monica catching bubbles.
a great sight I caught.
life at its simplest.

this photo is dedicated to xuanie!
HOW'S PATRICK??

I had a super strong craving for Japanese food.
I love Jap food.
This was my meal at 'Little Tokyo', Los Angeles.
Thought of the times my family went to the Jap Restaurant at J8.
Anyway, the food was superb! Even came with green-tea ice-cream

2 thumbs up for the restaurant!
-LeB-

0 comments: