Monday, May 14, 2007

Itinery... Pictures... Familiarity

Awesome! Spending the night at... ... McCarran Airport, Las Vegas. Finally off to yet another place. Left New York for Las Vegas. Emm... Decided to write down my itinery so as to update and for myself to keep track.

(3rd May) Day 1: -Arrival at Atlanta, Georgia after a 25hr flight, reached at night, super tired.

(4th May) Day 2: -Went walking around Atlanta, nice cold weather and a different environment
-Ate at Mary Macs, authentic southern food

(5th May) Day 3: -Went to Georgia Dome for Georgia Tech's Graduation Day
-Had hamburger steak for lunch (first time trying!)
-Left for New York, reached at night... Walked along the streets of New York
-Spent the night at West Side Inn... One word to describe... "Cui!"

(6th May)
Day 4:
-I went to church! And amazingly, we had to queue up 1hr 30mins to get into the church. The Abyssinian Baptist Church. Apparently the church is featured as a tourist attraction in 'Lonely Planet'. They held a traditional church service with a choir behind. Interesting! It was like Sister's Act. Ha... Just that they were not as hip. Lots of Soprano and Bass singing though. It was located along the streets of 'Harlem'... Where a majority of African-Americans reside. So, the church was filled with African-Americans. Emm... In my impression, I think they are very cool people! nice... The message spoke to me as well, talking about -Conviction -Commitment and -Prayer :) Thank God for speaking to me even during this time of travel...

-Excursion to Central Park! Woohoo! Thats one place I like in New York. Real big, nice scenery and nice weather!
-Walked around Times Square

(7th May) Day 5: -Took the ferry to Statten Island to view the 'Statue of Liberty'
-Wall Street & Ground Zero (which had nothing)
-Visit to UN (nothing much though... just had some grotesque pics)

-Broadway... Watched 'Phantom of the Opera' (sad thing was, I slept during the show) :( too tired. By day 5, my legs were aching like mad and I was having insufficient sleep compared to what I had in Singapore. Just too tired to watch. Sighz. I'll catch it again someday!

(8th May)
Day 6: -Breakfast at Famous Bagel shop near 'West Side Inn'... Had Poppy Bagel w Raisins and Walnut Cream Cheese... Nice...
-Empire State Building. View from the top.
-Visit to Metropolitan Museum of Art. Spent 3hrs there... I got to say usually, I would not go for such things. It was a tourist attraction and seems like everyone goes there. So we went. I got to say it was quite enjoyable. Interesting. But, the musical instruments section was closed that day. So sad.
-Greenwich... Went to 'Blue Note' a famous jazz pub. Only Dawn and I were there... But I went in after much persuasion from her though, and, I did not regret it at all... The pianist playing was great! Every note, every phrasing was clear... and played with lots of expression. He was just... really good!
-Late late dinner at 'Applebees' ... arrived back at my inn at 3am... Had to leave for Toronto, Canada at 5am. Shag.

(9th May)
Day 7: -Drive to Toronto, delayed by rental of car and some passport issues. 9hrs drive.
-Arrived at 8plus at night. Went to CN tower, I didn't go up though. Had the opportunity to catch a 'live' baseball match at the dome. Coolz!
-Dinner at Chinatown. After a week, I had chinese food again.
-Checked in to our hotel. Although it was cramp cause we had 6 people staying in a room, it was much better compared to 'West Side Inn'. Woo!

(10th May)
Day 8: -Dim Sum for lunch! Nice. Canada has quite a lot of Asians, especially Hongkongers, made me feel like I was in Hong Kong. Dim Sum was nice. :)
-I became the driver for the day. Coolz! Left-hand drive and drove a MPV. We went 'tou tou feng' ... sight-seeing
-Went to Casa Loma, some castle in Toronto. Didn't go in though...
-Highlight! We checked into MARRIOT! Super nice! Posh living at affordable pricing. Why? Cause we booked a couple room and bunked in 6 people. But still, it was comfortable... The best deal was, we are staying on the 17th floor and... just outside the window is the view of Niagara Falls. Great view! Awesome!
-Super costly dinner of USD$30 at TGI Fridays. Nice food and portions though.

(11th May)
Day 9: -Woke up early morning. Went to the balcony... The sight of Niagara Falls early in the morning. Beautiful. Beautiful. Still beautiful...
-Walked the streets of Ontario, Niagara Falls. Lots of nice shops around. Colourful town.
-Finally reached the Niagra Falls. Took the 'Maid of the Mist', a boat ride what brings you very near to the falls. A wet ride. Very enjoyable.
-Continued to stroll along the streets beside the fall.
-Headed back to New York

(12th May)
Day 10: -Checked in to 'Jazz on the Villa', first time staying in a dorm with 10beds.
-Went to SoHO, Little Italy and Chinatown. I miss home. Being at Chinatown somewhat gave me a sense of familiarity. Unlike in Singapore, I do find the Chinatowns here attractive.
-Early night with a call to Mum. Happy Mother's Day

(13th May)
Day 11: -Went back to Chinatown and Little Italy
-Went to Brooklyn Bridge
-Found famous ice-cream shop at Chinatown
-Flight to Las Vegas

Alright... Finally completed my itinery for the past 11days. It has been a good experience.I am starting to miss home, my friends back in Singapore and things I am familiar with. Thats good. and... ! J-boy (my younger brother) messaged me. Ha... So happy to receive his message. 4 messages from him so far.

message 1: Where r u u got buy mi anything

message 2: Call mi

message 3: Where r u u got buy mi anything

(I replied)

message 4: I finish my exams already u must buy mi some clothes also u got see pimp my ride buy mi games ok

those were the exact words. so cute! hahaha... for that, he'll get many many presents. ha

arggh. posted so many photos but the lappie had some probs. shall post photos next time.


just 2 photos for now...




View from Marriot Hotel Room! Rox! Niagara Falls...


Candied Apples. (Hao Kan Bu Hao Chi)... Looks superb but... its super sweet...

Alright gtg. Take care allz... will be back. Tata! God bless!

-LeB-

0 comments: