Friday, January 23, 2009

a simple post of everyday life...

22nd Jan, Thurs. Woke up at 9am and started practicing my classical pieces for my piano lesson. Classical pieces are nerve-wrecking at times, given the amount of black stuff I see on the paper. I probably only managed to practice for about 2 hrs before my lesson in the noon.

Piano lesson today was again "discouraging". I played my self-composed piece for Ai Cheng and we talked a little about Berklee. She showed me some of her stuff, resume and such. I began to feel so little and thus... discouraged. The wonder, will I ever achieve something in this field? Well, I have chosen this path and God leads...

Spent the rest of the afternoon out with my younger brother. Ha... Brotherly bonding. We literally had a food feast that started with Laksa, "Black" Carrot Cake, Tang Yuan followed by Goreng Pisang and Durian waffle with Ice-cream. I cherish the time that I spend with him very much and thank God for the close ties we have. It is definitely time well spent!

Night was spent rehearsing for a Xinyao gig next week. Just like one year ago, I am doing this gig together with Edmund. How time flies. I saw my pictures this afternoon, I have celebrated 2 of Minhui's birthday and now, doing 2 CNY gigs with Edmund. I hope it will be a good performance and certainly enjoyable too! Caleb will attempt to speak more in Mandarin.

Supper with Simon, Minhui, Chuanfeng and Denis seems like the usual fair; indeed it is but it is definitely great company each time and enjoyable time spent together. :) Thank God for friends!
Following supper was another ROUND. Supper time again! But it doesn't matter as it was a welcome meal for Frances! Welcome back to Singapore ONCE AGAIN. Haha... The guys, Jon, Zac, Joel, myself and Fran's family went to the airport to welcome her arrival! How GRAND! And so we've concluded how "worldly" Frannie is now! Hahha... You probably need a more Godly person???? I think we suppered for 2hrs? But it was REALLY great catching up with one another once again. Although I see the rest rather often in church, I haven't been having time to catch up with them as well. We used to hang out so often, although not so much now, but I am glad everyone is doing great and the bond is still there! So Philippines in June? Got to make it happen man!

Its going to be a busy busy busy weekend and Chinese New Year. Wishing all a happy Chinese New Year! Tata!

-LeB-

0 comments: