Saturday, February 16, 2008

Gig @ Singapore Arts Museum 150208

My last performance was... just yesterday, Friday, 15th feb. Wendy and I teamed up to give a performance at the Singapore Arts Museum for Feng Zhen Jie's art exhibition. His art works are widely publicised throughout the island. Due to time constraints, it was one of the most anxious gigs ever done. We didn't do much preparation before hand, or rather, I was unprepared. Sorry Wendy...

Right here, I want to thank the people around me who have trusted in me and given me so many opportunities. Indeed, I am very blessed. And sometimes... many times, I feel so inadequate. In so many areas. I thank God too... I really need to step up!!!

About the performance, we had expected the usual set up of speakers, mics, plug-ins. But this time round, it was different. The performance was held in a small section of the art gallery and there were no speakers around. Thus, Wendy had to sing without a mic... but it was good... Wendy has huge lungs... Wahaha. Before we officially started, we were doing some warm up and walked in a guy who came to complain. He complained to Jamie, the co-ordinator. Speaking in some weird accent-fied English, he mentioned that in an art gallery, there shouldn't be much noise or music playing. One should enjoy the art pieces in peace. That dampened our mood. In my opinion, I think he's so narrow-minded. The purpose of our performance at the art gallery was to collaborate art and music together, and the idea behind it is brillant! So because of the place and happenings, our performance was very formal. Wendy sang well, but I missed quite a couple of notes :( I got to keep practising till I feel the keys of the keyboard or piano a part of me...

What was nice was that at the end of it, there were 5 people who stayed throughout our performance. However, 2 of them were organisers for the event. 1 of them is my friend! And 2 others were total strangers. I really thank the 2 strangers for staying throughout and appreciating our efforts! Thanks Xingyu for coming down also! 1 of them also commended us and its really nice and heartwarming :) I remember that her name is Doreen. Maybe we'll cross each other's paths again. Its nice receiving compliments...


During performance...


Solo shot me!


Solo shot of WendyMAMA!


The art "appreciators"... Spot Xingyu in the crowd. Wahhah


The team for the night... Mother and son duo

-LeB-

1 comments:

D said...

Hi there,

It's interesting to read about your performance at the museum, because at the moment we are looking for some musicians/ singers to perform at our gallery.

Please send me an email at:
santhijudi@gmail.com