Monday, December 17, 2007

My 1st Wedding Gig @ Fort Canning (The Legends)

I have attended quite a number of weddings, usually invited by friends from church or cousins. This time round, I went to a wedding but with a different purpose! I am a wedding GIGER... Ha! The new term coined by WangDaJie. "GIG-ER". And Edmund is the upcoming and going to be the best GIGER. Edmund totally rocked the night... So what if we played songs like "Shower me with your love", "Wonderful Tonight". I think Edmund really did well :) I personally like his guitar playing, very jazzy, very acoustic.

So what happened was... 1 week ago, Minhui asked me out of the blue if I can do a wedding gig. Err... Me? Playing for a wedding gig? Frankly speaking, I have no confidence in my keyboarding skills and I know I have a lot a lot to improve. Thus, I am really really thankful for these people around me who believe in me. Thank God :) Even though I've been really really busy, somehow I accepted the gig. And I got only even busier. But I told myself, this is what I want... This is what I've always been hoping for. To be a performer... to be paid for playing the keyboard. It really means something to me. I do not know whether my friends out there understand why I've been so busy and whether what I've been doing is worth... etc. But yeah, this was and is still what I've wanted. Next up, LOVEMEKNOT to be established!!!

At the wedding. It is really a joyous occasion to see someone getting married, throwing a celebration... no matter how small or big, it still is a celebration. And so, the whole occasion was a happy one :) I enjoyed myself in the presence of the celebration. However, I really didn't play well tonight. Sadly. I made major mistakes like PLAYING IN THE WRONG KEY!!! :( I felt I was saved by Edmund's "best performance" in his 26-yrs. Ha... I shall take it as a learning experience and IMPROVE! Wendy... You have that jazzy-blues feel in your singing. Good attempt on "Fly me to the moon" and "Close to You" :) Hopefully, I will have more opportunities and I would cherish every single one of them!

I spent quite a lot of time preparing on the gig and used a lot of resources... I didn't earn much cause I specially bought new clothes for the gig. BUT! The money earn is SPECIAL! I'm waiting for the money to come in man... Not because I'm in lack, but because its just simply my HARD-EARNED money... and not only that, earned by doing something I like! Way cool! :) :) :)

1.30am now and I'm feeling happy :)

-LeB-

0 comments: