Friday, December 21, 2007

Many words of thanks...

The UOL-SIM pageant '07 has finally come to an end. And, I won! Yeah! Praise the Lord! I am glad I won. Who would want to join an event and not win right? :)

The very reason why I joined the pageant was to challenge myself. I wanted to challenge myself on my speech. And thank God on that very day, very stage, I answered the question confidently and fluently. :) I did put in some work on my speech also. Not only to challenge myself, I thought why not give the competition a shot. I was approached to join such a pageant in Junior College too, but I didn't. And, evofus had always encouraged me to join it. So, I did it. Thanks Wanping, Jasmine, Jiarong and Kelvin for the support throughout the competition!

There were a total of 28 people who came down to support me... I want to thank Jon Wong, Joel, Isaac, Geraldine, Roanna, Rochelle, Daniel, Karen, Matilda, Gail, Timothy, Diya, Carrie, Zijie... Minhui, Wendy, Simin and Edmund... Fabius, Loy and Khian Pang... Xingyu and friend (thanks a lot for all the advice, encouragement and really taking time off and the effort to come and support, even standing alone :)... Jasmine, Wanping and Kelvin... My brother and Xiaoping. Yilin who had wanted to come but couldn't make it in the end :( But it was quite sad that some of them came late and missed some parts, and couldn't really see what was happening nor hear the sound. :(

Also, I want to thank my SIM friends... The monday gang! My only friend, Cindy, with her buddy Tania for the words of encouragement. People in the pageant committee and all the pageant contestants! Friends who messaged me to encourage me... Helena (thanks for always being there and being concerned!) Simon, Sun Quan, Weiwei, Ereen, Clarice... Thanks! :)

Finally it is all over. And, I can have endless suppers, eat to my fill and not worry about my bod. Yeah!

I shall post up photos soon. Once again, thanks to all my friends... I felt I was doing this and I could do this because of all the support I have from all of you. Thank you!

-LeB-

0 comments: