Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Our 1 day escapde...

It felt like a holiday, too relaxing and carefree to be true. We finally carried out our plan of having breakfast together. The stipulated time to meet was 9am but WangDaJie had the "call of nature" and could not be on time. We met up at around 9.40am instead, at Raffles Place. It is still early for non-workers! We headed down to Raffles Place in search of a westernized breakfast. WangDaJie was expecting glass houses, open spaces and greenery... unfortunately, we have to be reminded that we are in Singapore. Space is a constraint and we do not have that much greenery :( Still, we found Tully's Coffee and Quiznos at Far East Square. I like the place. Cafes... I love it :)


Our breakfast(s)... Nice nice!


Breakfast Khakis...


And my portion. I ordered the breakfast serving which resulted in a really small portion of sandwich. I then decided to order brocolli and cheese soup. Love it!

After breakfast, we headed to Suntec to watch a movie. Its... a miracle. Cause the few of us have never watched a movie together! For one, I am not a movie avid. WangDaJie is though, but there weren't chances thus far. So, we proceeded with our first movie together... And we caught Pink Panther 2! Whahahha... To critic the movie is a tough thing to do. Or maybe, not. I wouldn't recommend it actually cause its really LAME and irritating at times. But, there were also funny moments. WangDaJie and I have the same stand but Markolele thinks otherwise.


To commemorate our FIRST movie together. Pink Panther 2!


Tuesdays are always the best and I would always remember the half-priced waffles at Gelare. I love waffles and Gelare was a VERY frequent hang out last time. 6-7 years ago when I was still in secondary school? A frequent hang out with my buddies Sun Quan and Guorong. I would love to re-live those memories and have a meet up with them and get THAT usual spot at Suntec Gelare.

The waffles that day were not bad. I guess it was due to the fact that we tasted way better waffles at Korea. Simply amazing waffles! To open a waffle cafe is part of my dream :)

We went seperate ways thereafter and 7hrs later, we met up again... Do we love each other or what?? Wahahha... But this time round, we had another agenda. And that was to support Simon on his first night with his band at Firefly. :) Friends always have a big standing in my heart and I dare to say that I would go the distance for friends, cause they really matter to me. Especially my close friends. And, I always thank God for them :) To see Simon "gig-ing" very often and playing music again is a joy and I am happy for him. I certainly hope he enjoys what he's doing as well. God would bless him.


Outside Firefly, the couple...


Together with the star of the night, Simon! :)


ay back, we decided that Pink Panther 2 was such a good movie that we decided to take another pic. Now, I really do not know whether its thumbs up or down for the movie.

The day didn't end that quickly when we left firefly at about 1.30am. We continued with "early morning supper" and went home dead beat. Really dead tired. It was a long day but fulfilling day :)

-LeB-

0 comments: